In addition to national teacher programmes, CERN offers two international teacher programmes: The 3-week High School Teacher (HST) Programme and the International Teacher Weeks (ITW) Programme, which lasts 2 weeks. Both programmes are delivered entirely in English and are open for teachers from around the world. The goals of CERN’s international teacher programmes are:
- To support teachers’ professional development in the field of particle physics.
- To promote the teaching of particle physics in high schools.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience among teachers of different nationalities.
- To stimulate activities related to the popularisation of physics within and beyond the classroom.
- To help CERN establish closer links with schools all around the world.
Select the respective programme to find out more about each programme, upcoming sessions, and how to apply. You can also access the programme agendas of previous international programmes and explore archived material.
Due to the huge amount of applications, the selection process for the International High School Teacher Programme (HST) 2017 and the International Teacher Weeks Programme (ITW) 2017 takes several weeks. We plan to send out decision e-mails in March.